Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Week 4.5: Many Celebrations

(July 4, 2016)

Happy 4th of July! We have the BEST fireworks right outside our house. It's seriously amazing. Oh, I mean, good job America woohoo!

I actually went to a really fun block party, but left before the fireworks started. The fireworks at my house are soooooo good. Here's a taste...




Oh and here's a picture of my nails. Random, I know.




Also, my birthday just passed! I celebrated it with a non-massage, a bday lunch, and a bday dinner. The non-massage is being called such because (even though I asked the receptionist when I scheduled our appointments) the massage therapist told me that she couldn't massage me on my back for an hour. (No lying on the face, remember?) She said that she could do an hour when someone's on her stomach, but it's not possible to do an hour on someone's back - 1) Something about massaging all the way up and down the body to flush things out (?!?), 2) Her fingers will get tired if she only gives me a half-hour body massage and a half-hour foot rub. I sorta wanted to cry, but it was fine. I went to CVS to wait for my friend Kari. (Kari's birthday is the day before mine, so we like to celebrate together whenever we can.) Then Kari and I went to Roy's for lunch. For our double-birthday, they gave us the chocolate souffle! MMMMMmmmmmmm.....


We both got the short rib lunch plate. So yummy.

So very nice of them - this thing is super tasty.


And then I went to dinner with hubby, his brother, and our sister in law. We went to Anchor Hitch, a new-ish restaurant that specializes in oysters (raw bar) and seafood. The main reason I wanted to go was for their uni pasta, but it sorta tasted like noodles in cream sauce. Wah wa wa... But everything else, especially the OYSTERS, were delicious. Highly recommend. Plus, they have a cute little space attached to them. More restaurants, a bar, ping pong tables, seating areas...




My face today (day 30):


jaw surgery day 30
You can't see the rest of my Captain America
tank top - the most patriotic thing I own.


Pain: 2-3/10

Numbness: Bottom gums numb on the outside portion. Chin area and right side of jaw still tingly/numb, but getting better. 

Discomfort: My cheeks keep getting stuck in the brackets when I talk. Wax/silicone all day every day.

Weight: -5 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

~m


No comments:

Post a Comment