Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Week 6.5: Horrible, Terrible, Tortuous Rubber Bands

(July 17th, 2016)

Slow Torture

The rubber bands went on on Wednesday; Thursday was a nightmare, Friday was slightly better. I think hanging out with people (and therefore not sitting around feeling sorry for myself) definitely helped. Here's me and my little buddies at the beach. Before they came along, me and their mommy would boogie board at this beach. Fun times. (Current times are fun, too, but slightly less so since it's all child-watching all the time. Haha. But look how cute. Totally love them.)




By the way, orthodontic pain is NOT easier to handle than jaw surgery healing pain. While the first night after surgery was one of the hardest of my life, the rest was pretty cake. Rest, heal, watch TV, sit around. That's it.

Oh, I forgot to show you guys this awesome picture of my new x-rays! I took it last week at the surgeon's office. Cool, huh?




Okay, last thing about the stupid rubber bands. The pain was actually so bad that I went BACK to the ortho's office the next morning. I just couldn't believe that this was right - it hurt soooo much! The doctor was pretty nice but he said, "Yes, this is what I wanted." Supposedly, by bite was "starting to open" and, after one day of rubber bands, it was "already starting to close." I have no idea what he's referring to, but... okay...

That's all for now. I'm still eating soft foods and exercising most days, but haven't tried out my new weights yet. Soon, soon...

Pain: 3/10

Numbness: Bottom gums numb on the outside portion. Chin area and right side of jaw still tingly/numb, but getting better. 

Discomfort: I still hate rubber bands. I still have to wear wax/silicone 24/7 on all of my molars.

Weight: -4 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment