Thursday, July 7, 2016

Week 5: Same same...

(July 6th, 2016) 

Everything is the Same

The swelling, the numbness, the nighttime soreness - it's all unchanged from week 4. Aesthetically, I feel like I haven't changed since week 3. Here's a very short video so you can see for yourself:




Too Much Fun?

I do wonder, though, if my "sameness" from last week has anything to do with the general eventfulness of this past week. I went from doing nothing (and staying away from alcohol, as it can cause facial bloating) to having multiple days of lots of activities (as well as a few bday and holiday drinks). For three days in a row, I was out and about. That's a lot for a hermit like me!

I am trying to go out more, though. I have little outings planned as I am feeling less tired in general. I'm SO ready to start working out again. I actually bought some dumbbells - 10, 12, and 15 lbs - but basically everyone is telling me it's too early to do those kinds of exercises. Um, did you know that weights are really expensive? As they increase in poundage, they increase in price. And colored weights are generally 3-4 more pricey than black ones. Haha. I bought these, btw, and I really like them. (I got black 10's and 15's, cuz they were so much cheaper, but I got the blue 12's cuz the price was almost the same. They also sell them in pairs here, but they're not necessarily cheaper. Gotta do the math, guys.)

I think I'm gonna start out with some pilates soon... go with the lightest coils. I NEED to gain some muscle.

Pictures

Here are some random pictures of the week's festivities, followed by my normal face pics:


'Merica block party with my softball buddies and their neighbors.
You can see me in my Captain America shirt over on the right! 

I got to have zero Cotixan burritos. Isn't that sad?

Birthday picnic with some of my fav people.

jaw surgery week 5
Maybe the alcohol made me puffy-faced?
Or it's just my face now.



Oh, and I colored my hair. Does anyone know anything about "ash" tones? I swear I have a little bit of a greenish tint to my hair right now, but the colorist said that the ash tones will wash out in a few shampoos. Here are some photos that he Instagramed - the greenish tint is totally absent from these, but I got confirmation from friends (like 3, is that enough?) that there is indeed a faint greenish tint in person... I'll wait a week while using clarifying shampoo. See what happens. (I look crazy blonde in these photos!)




Pain: 2-3/10

Numbness: Bottom gums numb on the outside portion. Chin area and right side of jaw still tingly/numb, but getting better. 

Discomfort: My cheeks keep getting stuck in the brackets when I talk. Wax/silicone all day every day.

Weight: -5 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment