Thursday, July 21, 2016

Week 7: Maybe I'm Helping?

(July 20th, 2016)

I got a comment today on a video! Hahaha, that shouldn't really be a big deal, but it was my first comment and confirmation that this is actually slightly helpful to somebody out there! :D Therefore, I shall continue. Haha.

Here's my video this week. It's about how I chose my orthodontist, how much that choice may matter in terms of your future face, and a small list of braces must-haves.




By the way, just a note about last week's video. I mentioned that I didn't get saw surgery for aesthetic reasons (which anyone who gets orthognathic surgery knows, I'm sure) but I also want to say that I have nothing against cosmetic surgery or anyone who gets it. Do what you wanna do. Live your life. Whatevers. My point was just that I did not get jaw surgery to "look better."

Swim Lessons

Today, I went with my friend to her son's swim class. It was ADORABLE. There was some crying, but overall the kids did great. The 10-student classes were held in someone's very nice backyard pool. $250 for one week of classes. Let's see... conservatively, maybe he teaches 4 classes per day for 10 weeks out of the summer... that's $100,000. Pretty good racket! (Really, though, it was very cute and the kids progress quickly throughout the week. Day one and two might entail major crying, but by day three they're pretty into it. Amazing.)

My face today:

My bottom lip is def smaller now.


Pain: 2/10

Numbness: Bottom gums numb on the outside portion. Chin area and right side of jaw still tingly/numb, but getting better.

Discomfort: I still hate rubber bands. I still have to wear wax/silicone 24/7 on all of my molars.

Weight: -4 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment