Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Day 10: Oh My Cheeks!

(June 11th, 2016)

My Poor Cheeks

My cheeks have been hurting me lately - maybe starting yesterday? (By the way, the general jaw pain is better today! Which is probably why I started to notice the cheek situation.) So today I stuck my finger in my mouth to feel around and it felt super weird and jagged and crazy in there! Of course I whipped out my cell phone flashlight to get a better look. What's it look like? Like someone took the tip of knife and sliced up my cheeks to bits. Then just left it like that. (There are probably some stitches deep in those cheeks, but I can't see them or feel them.) I made hubby take a look and he thought it looked crazy as well. I spent much of the day imagining food bits getting stuck in the folds and growing happy little bacteria families. I tried to take a picture, but it's a little blurry. I'll put it wayyyyy under my normal daily photos, so you can scroll down if you wanna take a look. It's pretty gross.

My Favorite Videos (& More Blogs)

As promised, here are my favorite jaw surgery videos/vlogs on YouTube. Some are single videos, while others are a series of vlogs. (For the vlogs, I'm posting the first video in the series.)


Double Jaw Surgery: Before, During and After
(Pictures & Videos)





Jaw Surgery Journey (#1)





Braces & Jaw Surgery Update #9





And here are two specific blog posts that I really liked as well. I would just add them to my favorite blogs list, but they're like real bloggers so these posts get lost in their sea of fashion/health posts.
  • This story on THUNDER AND THREADS is from a blogger in Ireland. She has videos embedded in her blog posts and I think I really enjoyed listening to her cute accent. Haha. The surgery portion of her blog was pretty informative and interesting. 
  • This article on THE SKINNY CONFIDENTIAL is a one-off about her jaw issues and surgery experience. It's not detailed in terms of what to expect while healing, but I appreciated her honestly and sense of humor. 
Obviously, as you already know, there are a TON of videos and blogs out there. These are just the ones I like read/watch over and over again for whatever reason. 

And here's my face today. (The pictures of my cheeks are way down under this...)


jaw surgery day 10
Those bruises just don't seem like they're going anywhere.


Pain: 3.5/10

Numbness: Same. Gums totally numb. Chin area very stiff/tingly.

Discomfort: My cheeks hurt, so I keep puffing out my cheeks to make them not rest on my brackets. It's... annoying?

Weight: -3 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

Jaw surgery day 10, done. 

~m

















(keep scrolling down)



















inside of cheeks after jaw surgery, right
I think this one has a white spot in there
cuz it got caught on my bracket today. :(
inside of cheeks after jaw surgery, left
And here's the other cheek.


No comments:

Post a Comment