Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 9: More of the Same

(June 10th, 2016)

Feeling blegh.

Today was my most "blegh" day yet. I think it's a mix of having no interaction with other people (other than the husband) and still being in more-than-usual pain. Which I think I figured out, by the way - the fixing of my bracket at the ortho's office on day 7 took about 30 minutes and he only noticed it because that tooth had started moving already. So my jaw is tired from being open for so long and my bottom teeth must be moving right now. (But my gums are numb, so I only feel the pressure/discomfort from the movement.) That makes sense, doesn't it? I dunno. 

Fooooood.

So I figured out a meal plan for myself. I'm pretty happy with it: 

Breakfast: Put half a banana, a scoop of almond butter, half of a chocolate Muscle Milk, and crushed ice in the NutriBullet. Blend. Add fat straw. SO GOOD. 

Lunch: Make instant mashed potatoes with half teaspoon of truffle cream. Add either chicken soup gel or oxtail stew gel (soup/stew destroyed by the Vitamix). Tastes like gravy-ed up mashed potatoes. 

Dinner: Make a super-soft 3-egg scramble. (I add water to the eggs; I don't know why.) Pour the eggs into a nonstick pan on medium low heat, then stir until the eggs are cooked. It won't seem like anything's happening at first, but then it all just comes together. Add it to.... you guessed it... instant mashed potatoes with half teaspoon of truffle cream! Add truffle salt if you have it. Cuz why not. 

I also randomly have baby food packets and yogurt and hubby makes me drink blended fruit every night. Oh, and I think I drink a full cup of milk every 6 hours with my meds. Haha, no wonder I'm keeping my weight on. 

What does my food look like, you ask? Like this! 


jaw surgery diet mushy foods
I've actually enjoyed eating these things. We'll see when I get sick of them.

Okay, and here's my face today. 


jaw surgery day 9
The front of my neck hurts a little bit. Like it's sore.

Okay, so I feel that I have to mention the fact that I'm wearing the same white flannel and black tank top in literally every picture. The reason for this fact is that I'm lazy. I cannot be bothered to change into "real clothes" and have to think about what those clothes should be. Ridiculous. 

I said that I'd post my favorite videos today, but.. I'll do it tomorrow. Tired now. Sorry. 

Pain: 4.5/10

Numbness: Same. Gums totally numb. Chin area very stiff/tingly.

Discomfort: My jaw throbs. I'm feeling down.

Weight: -3 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

Jaw surgery day 9, done. Ready for a new day. 

~m


No comments:

Post a Comment