Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 17: Fancy Restaurant

(June 18th, 2016) 

Family Time

Today I went out to a fancy lunch with my family to celebrate (pre-)Father's Day. I researched the restaurant early to make sure there was something I could eat - truffled potato leek soup. Doesn't that sound delicious? Well, it's not. It's super salty and watered down. And it cost $17. The view at The Loft (at The Montage) is great (you're basically overlooking the crashing waves beneath you) but I've been there at least three times by now and I've yet to be impressed with ANY of their food. My sister loves the place, but I'm over it.

You know where they have an excellent potato soup? CPK! When they opened one near my house I was SO SAD because it replaced an actually delicious restaurant, but when we finally went there we were pretty impressed! They totally changed their bearings. It's all open and urban looking and their menu is more aligned to current tastes. I sound like a commercial. Sorry. (It's pretty good tho.)

Of course my family kept commenting about my face. Nothing bad - just observations. "It almost looks like an overbite." "Your face looks like so and so's now." Things like that. But I'm trying to reserve any real judgement until 3 months post-surgery. I know I make a lot of observations on this blog, but I'm not actually concerned about anything yet - I know that it takes time to fully recover so there's no point in STRESSING about something now.

More Fast Food!

For dinner, I had a bean and cheese cup from Del Taco and chili cheese fries! I knew the bean and cheese cup would be fine, but I was a little worried about the fries. Luckily, there was so much chili and cheese that the fries got all soggy. :D Nom nom nom...


jaw surgery day 17
The jawline is usually really defined.


Pain: 2-3/10 (Daytime is a 2, then it gradually becomes a 3 by dinnertime.)

Numbness: Same. Gums totally numb. Chin area very stiff/tingly, but the right side and chin more than the left side. 

Discomfort: My cheeks keep getting stuck in the brackets when I talk. Wax/silicone every day.

Weight: -4 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

Jaw surgery day 17, done. 

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment