Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 8: It Hurts...

(June 9th, 2016)

Hi guys,

I think the excitement of yesterday wiped me out. Right before bedtime, my sister came to visit and we chatted for a good 20 minutes. That, along with my eating with a spoon and brushing every crevice in my mouth multiple times a day, definitely made my entire jaw area more sore today. I've described it before as a "dull" pain, but at the same time it's this constantly throbbing pain as well. Sometimes it's a gentle throbbing, if there is such a thing, and other times it a more consistent this-sucks-I'm-totally-sad kind of throbbing pain. But it's still not enough for me to take the hydrocodone - that stuff just wipes me out. Maybe for bedtime. I'll think about it.

So my day consisted of no TV! Is that insane? I just sat around all day watching YouTube videos. (That's kinda like, TV, tho, huh?) I re-watched a bunch of jaw surgery vlogs and I also learned how to create the perfect brow.

I wonder if I can list my favorite vlogs on my blog. Is that weird? Is it like stealing? No, right, cuz I'm linking to their videos. I don't know, though... ? I should look up "blog etiquette" and see what they say. Haha.

Okay, I looked it up and I still can't tell. Something about link-ups and reciprocal commenting and other things I can't be bothered with. I'm just gonna do it. Tomorrow.

Here's what I look like today.


jaw surgery day 8
I lessened the Jaw Bra wearing after day 4,
but it's back on again.


Pain: 4/10

Numbness: Same. Gums totally numb. Chin area very stiff/tingly.

Discomfort: Ugh. Sucks. Continuous pain = super lethargic.

Weight: -3 lbs (At this rate, I'm going to be the first person in history to have gained weight after jaw surgery.)

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.)

Jaw surgery day 8, done. 

~m



No comments:

Post a Comment