Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 18: Father's Day

(June 19th, 2016)

OMG Don't Touch My Face!

Apparently, the husband's dad thinks that this is some kind of light cosmetic surgery. Cuz he reached out and (lightly) squeezed my chin and shook it! What the?! I basically yelped in shock.

And that's the difference between your own parents and in-laws. I've known his dad since I was a little kid, but it's still different. If my own dad did that (which he wouldn't because that's crazy after jaw and chin surgery!) I'd pretty much yell at him, "DAAAAAD, what are you doing??!?!? You can't do that!" But with the father in-law, I just made a noise and let my husband tell him that I'm still healing. (My husband doesn't yell at his dad. I don't know if that makes his family more normal, or less.)

For dinner, we went to a ramen place. It worked out great because I asked for "soft" noodles that I could pretty much bite off with my tongue against my upper teeth and then just slurp down. :) We bought a bunch of Maruchan ramen afterwards. Haha. (Maruchan is better than Top Ramen, btw. I learned this in college.)

Here's the face...


jaw surgery day 18
In the last picture I'm trying to suck in my cheeks!


Pain: 2-3/10 (Daytime is a 2, then it gradually becomes a 3 by dinnertime.)

Numbness: Same. Gums totally numb. Chin area very stiff/tingly, but the right side and chin more than the left side. 

Discomfort: My cheeks keep getting stuck in the brackets when I talk. Wax/silicone every day.

Weight: -4 lbs

(Black items stayed the same as the last post. RED items changed slightly.) 

Jaw surgery day 18, done. 

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment